Why work for us
- Welcome you as a part of the team that is changing and supporting the economic landscape of the South of Scotland
- Embrace you within our culture of trust and autonomy
- Encourage you to have positive impact in a growing organisation with big plans for the future of the South of Scotland
- Provide you with all the tools you need to do your job successfully - from equipment & training, to onboarding and support.
- Help you manage your busy lifestyle by offering flexible working opportunities that work for you and us
Benefits of working for SOSE
Hear what Darren has to say about his experience of flexible working at SOSE.
Here, Nicola talks about her experience of joining SOSE remotely.
Susan, Head of Operations talks about our values at SOSE.
We offer a competitive and varied rewards package covering your wellbeing, your lifestyle, your working life and your future.
We want to make sure that what we offer helps you flexibly fit your work around your life, not the other way around.
You’ll have 43 days paid holiday (including public holidays) each year, pro-rated if you’re part time.
- Flexible working
It’s not all about work – we want to help you balance your work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements. We offer flexible working patterns, for example, reduced hours and term-time working.
- Enhanced sick pay
We offer enhanced occupational sick pay. The levels of enhanced sick pay will depend on your length of service and include periods of full and half pay.
- Time off for dependants
Don’t worry if something urgent crops up at home. Time off for dependants allows you to take a reasonable amount of time off work to deal with unexpected emergencies and to give you time to make longer term arrangements. We normally offer paid leave to cover such emergencies.
- Special leave
You can apply for special leave if you need to be away from work for a reason not covered by our other leave arrangements.
Keep an eye on your future after work with our defined benefit pension scheme, probably the most valuable part of our benefits package. As well as a pension and tax free lump sum, our pension scheme has other benefits.
- You are covered under the SOSE life assurance scheme (death in service benefit)
- Cohabiting partners receive the same pension benefits as married spouses or civil partners
- You can make additional voluntary contributions to enhance your pension, which also come with tax advantages
- Depending on your medical condition, there are ill-health retirement options